Monday, June 2, 2008

Airport doodle!


K, so I was bored on the airplane, and there was a guy talking really loudly and obnoxiously on his cell phone before we started taxiing. I kid you not, he actually shouted something about a person he knew who was "A complete ------- conformist."

At that point I looked up at who it was shouting, and there was this guy stuffing his suitcase into the overhead compartment. I thought his conformist thing was pretty hilarious considering how he was dressed.

And now I go off on a tangent:


I never really used to see guys dressed like that except occasionally when I was in Toronto, but somehow this type of clothing has become like a super-trend back in N.S. Any time a guy in his teens walked by me down there, he was almost always (9 times out of 10) dressed like this. How is it possible that people can look THIS ridiculous and other people will still want to adpot it? I think in 15-20 years, super skinny stretch jeans will be giving 30-something year olds embarrassing flashbacks. Kind of like the flock of seagulls haircut did to teens from the 80's, or guys who went to prom in Powder Blue Tuxes in the 70's.

2 comments:

Britt said...

I get a girl boner for a powder blue tuxe.

Also, I am sorry that I got you in trouble with your parents...

Britt said...

OH YEAH, you know what makes this funnier?? My brother was born in 1990, and he wears girl's jeans, but that's because the kid is so fucking skinny they don't make guy's pants in his size. And even the girl ones are baggy...

But don't worry, he is much more coservative and non-stupid with his style...